The NetBeans OpenGL Pack is slowly evolving to a set of useful integrated tools, demo applications and editors for Java OpenGL development.
The features currently included are:
- Editor for the OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL) with compiler error annotation, code folding, syntax highlighting, auto completion and documentation.
- Easy access to the GLSL compiler and linker of your graphics driver integrated in the editor
- OpenGL Capabilities Viewer
- Integration of JOGL GUI components into the Matisse GUI builder
- JOGL project templates
- Ready to run JOGL demos and examples of the OpenGL Programming Guide (also known as Red Book)
We are currently fixing the last bugs and hope to build the first release soon. The early access version is available via Update Center in the download section of the project page.
The project has also been recently mentioned in the NetBeans Magazine [issue four] covering NetBeans 6 features. Geertjan Wielenga interviewed me about the GLSL editor in the Schliemann section of the magazine.